Interconnecting Customer Generation
If you’re a Green Mountain Power customer looking for information about interconnecting your own generation to the grid, you’ve come to the right place. After reviewing the resources outlined below, please contact our team directly at DR@greenmountainpower.com or call 802.770.3399 if you need further assistance.
There are several choices when considering interconnecting your generation source. The easiest way to separate them is by size as well as how you’ll be compensated for the power you produce.
- The State of Vermont allows net metering for renewable generation projects 500kW and smaller. Read the final proposed version of the net metering law.
- State of Vermont Public Utility Commission Net Metering Website (formerly Vermont Public Service Board)
- Vermont SPEED Program
- Renewable Energy Vermont
- GMP’s Self Generation and Net Metering Tariff
- 30 V.S.A. § 219a amended. Act 99 (Bill H.702) An act relating to self generation and net metering (April, 2014)
- 30 V.S.A. § 248 New gas and electric purchases, investments, and facilities; certificate of public good (May, 2013)
- Rule 5.100 Regulations Pertaining to Construction and Operation of Net Metering Systems
- Rule 5.500 Interconnection Procedures for Proposed Electric Generation Resources
Net Metered Interconnection Application Queue
- Net Metering Application Form Eligibility – You may apply for the following types of systems using this form:
- Ground-mounted photovoltaic systems with a capacity of greater than 15 kW and up to and including 50 kW; and
- Non-photovoltaic and non hydroelectric systems with a capacity of up to and including 50 kW.
- Net Metering Registration Form Eligibility – You may register the following types of systems using this form:
- Ground-mounted photovoltaic systems with a capacity of 15kW or less,
- Roof-mounted photovoltaic systems with a capacity of 500 kW or less, and
- Hydroelectric facilities with a capacity of 500 kW or less.
- Rule 5.500 Standard Application Form Eligibility – You may apply for the following types of systems using this form:
- All systems with a capacity greater than 150kW,
- Net metered, ground mounted photovoltaic systems with a capacity greater than 50kW,
- Net metered systems using technology other than photovoltaic that are not eligible to use the Net Metering Form or Net Metering Registration Form listed above.
- VTPSB Application to Transfer Net-Metering CPG
- This form is to be used when property and/or a dwelling is purchased that has a generation system.
Your GMP copy can be submitted by email to DR@greenmountainpower.com, or mailed to:
Green Mountain Power
2152 Post Road, Rutland, VT 05701
c/o Distributed Resources.
- GMP Interconnection Guidelines
- GMP Solar Service Requirements
- GMP Solar Meter Socket Connections
- GMP Solar Service with Battery Storage (Tesla Powerwall) Requirements
- Gross Solar Meter Battery Storage Install Form and Checklist – Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a contractor or installer?
Check out Renewable Energy Vermont (REV) at REVermont.org or 802.229.0099. REV is a nonprofit, nonpartisan trade association representing nearly 300 businesses, individuals, colleges and others committed to reducing our reliance on fossil fuels and expanding the availability of renewable sources of power in Vermont.