The Solar Capital of New England
Rutland shines as the region's Solar Capital and Energy City of the Future!
Together, Green Mountain Power and the City of Rutland established a bold vision for Rutland, Vermont to be the Energy City of the Future using energy innovation as a focal point for economic development and revitalization.
Rutland now has the most solar per capita of any city in New England:
- 51 homes, businesses and other projects are generating clean solar energy
- 7.87 MW of solar installed
- 7.87 MW of solar generates enough energy for 1,600 homes all year
- Stafford Hill is the largest project in Rutland - 2.5 MW of clean power
- Stafford Hill uses cutting edge battery storage to increase reliability and power an emergency shelter
- Local organizations generating solar energy include:
- Rutland Regional Ambulance
- Vermont Farmers Food Center
- The Paramount Theatre
- Rutland County Parent-Child Center
- The College of St. Joseph
- And so many more!
Energy has the power to transform a community.
Rutland, Vermont is proof.
Congratulations, Rutland on this great achievement.
Click here for the September 15, 2015 press release announcing Rutland, Vermont as the Solar Capital of New England.
Click here for September 15, 2015 press release video.